Full Moon Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Full Moon Rising

Have a new character? Here's a place for practice runs and tweaking! Come on in!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transactional Risks [Open RP]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Transactional Risks [Open RP] Empty
PostSubject: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 10:38

'He is late' Sitting in the shadows with a sick looking mixture of blood and wine, Andrew cannot hide his annoyance with the person in question. A Duffel by Andrew's feet, filled with currency from around the world, gets pushed more inward under the table with an irate foot.

'I would have thought that someone with his reputation would at least be on time for appointments' Andrew scans the entrance of the blue moon from his table, glad that he chose this spot in the shadowy corner. ' If he can get in here that easily then how can he be late' Continiously grumbling in the back of his head, Andrew finishes his drink, then orders another.

He already had a hard time, even considering what he was about to do. His weapons has never failed him. Yet two thousand years later and he is starting to experience difficulty when in battle, with all the new tech that swims around these days, even an old timer like himself has to upgrade, no matter how reluctant they are.

He spent considerable time, tracking the businessman down, getting personal contact numbers. ' Hope he does not have anything against vampires though ' Andrew smirks, remembering the last time he encountered a hater of his kind. His eyes continues studying every creature entering the bar, getting extremely annoyed with himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 10:55

Cheng Zhi entered the bar, carrying a suitcase and wearing a business suit. He wore the same, weary, mildly pissed-the-hell-off look that he always seemed to. He strode over to where Andrew was sitting, and got right to business.

"So, Mr.... Andrew. What, exactly, are you looking to buy from me?" he asked. "I have a wide variety of whatever you may need."

He lit up a cigarette as he spoke, and placed it in the corner of his mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 12:36

Andrew watches his query walk in from the door, approaches him and sits down. Upon his statement, Andrew flashes a grin in his direction. ' Awesome , right down to business.' Andrew nods stiffly. " If your reputation precedes you correctly, mein herr, you have done your research on me, know who and what I am, and know at least some part of my travels."

Andrew looks the man accross the table straight in the eye. " I am in need of some new technology, Mr Zhi. But I do not feel like changing my weapons. Call it sentimental if you want. What can you offer? Currency should not be a problem." Having said what he wanted to say, Andrew sits back and takes a sip of his drink, watching the businessman lazily, his senses in override for signs of any danger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 20:24

Zhi considered his words for a moment, and was silent for a moment. He placed his suitcase on the table, and began to open it.

"Indeed I have, Mr. Andrew. Indeed I have. From what I know of you, you would prefer to keep your close-combat weaponry, but you need some form of... ranged capability. I procured these for you, if you have the payment I'm asking for."

The open suitcase revealed a set of ornate twin blades, in perfect condition. They had a curved hilt, and the blade appeared to be stuck in it at an awkward angle.

"Just because these fit in a suitcase does not mean that they are so small."

Cheng removed a blade from the case, and flicked his wrist. It extended from the one-foot length that it normally was, to four feet long.

"They're easily concealed, and no metal detector or x-ray device will find them. Additionally..."

With another flick of his wrist, the blade flew off the hilt, and embedded itself a full two feet into the wall. A new blade instantly grew out of the hilt, and the blade in the wall dissolved into air.

"...they have the ranged capability you need. If you're looking for more modern weaponry, I have a wide variety of firearms stored in my vehicle outside."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 04:58

Looking down at the two blades in the suitcase, Andrew frowns. 'What in darnation?!' He seethes ' All this trouble for two small lil daggers?' He looks at Zhi, disbelieving. Watches the man take the tiny blade out of the casing, and swears softly when the blade extends across the table almost right into his face. For someone of his age, he is quite surprised, and with all that he has seen over the years, to surprise Andrew is quite an achievement.

Andrew eyes the blade with a master's keenship. 'The blade is solid, high temperature, hand made titanium.' Slowly, caressingly following the slight curve. 'Masterfully sharpened, encrusted with an diamond dust edge, that will stay sharp for a very long time indeed.' Before he can continue his timely inspection, the businessman flicks his wrist again, and the blade shoots out with lightning speed. This time Andrew swears out loud as the blade flies past his shoulder and plunges into the wall behind him. Not even a spark.

He has just enough time to register that the blade went halfway into the solid concrete, before it vanished into thin air, to reappear right at the hilt, where it should be. Struggling to contain his shock, Andrew lifts an eyebrow. " Impressive" he eyes the blade with new respect "never seen that in a blade before...however, how do you retract it? And.. " Before Zhi can answer, he unsheathes his medieval bastards, double edged, still shining, the titanium sparkling under the glow of the bar's lights. " What can you do with these, without changing their balance? As you know, I do not approve of too many modern technologies, which includes firearms."

Underneath the table, he works the duffel with his feet, shifting it to the businessman, in open view, and opens it, to show that the duffel is not tempered or boobytrapped in any way, revealing the currencies within, then looks at Zhi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 12:06

"...your payment appears to be... adequate. It may take a few days, but I am acquainted with one such person who knows how to meld the two sets together. The original form and balance of your current weapons will remain intact, but they may undergo some slight cosmetic changes." he said, with the cold indifference that a bored businessman would show.

"If you would prefer another method, I can take your blades now, and sharpen them to such a degree that they would pierce through the armor of an M1 Abrams tank. That particular process is... more technologically based, but extremely quick; you'd get your wares back within three hours."

He took the cigarette from his mouth, and crushed it in the ashtray on the table.

"And to retract the blades..."

Without any kind of motion from his hands, the blades slid back to their original length.

"...you must only think of the action."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 13:45

Andrew contemplates the man in front of him. He has never been without his weapons. Time to make a decision. "Very well" The two words has been stifly spoken. It is obvious that Andrew does not like the idea. " I would go for quality as to the opposite of time efficiency. I trust your expertise in contacts. If you require more currency, you can only name the number and nationality." Andrew sighs. "I might have to look at your firearms, after all. Before that. Would you like a drink? Im getting myself another. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 18:53

"You have made a wise decision. Your payment is enough in either case." Zhi spoke, lighting up another cigarette.

"And no, I feel no need for any kind of drink at the moment. I will wait for you to finish, and we will go outside to my vehicle. Your payment was adequate enough, in fact, that it should cover almost any firearms that you should choose to buy."

Zhi breathed in the smoke from his cigarette, not bothering to exhale.

"I find I work better when my mind is entirely clear."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 13:41

Andrew looks a bit dissapointed at Zhi. " It's all okay, I can get my drink afterwards. I'll hand you these.." Andrew sheathes his swords in less than a blink, completely out of view " once we are outside, seeing as i already have the camouflage." He stands up without further ado, his keen eyes immediately taking in the entire bar, as he waits for Zhi to finish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 22:58

Zhi casually stands, picks up the suitcase, and leads Andrew to an SUV parked outside in an alley. He uses a key to unlock the trunk, and it swings open to reveal enough weapons to arm a whole battalion.

"I have a wide selection of firearms. Take your pick."

There's a huge variety of arms, from semi-automatic pistols, to revolvers, to shotguns, to heavy machine guns, to sniper rifles, and everything in between. A few of these are particularly appealing, including-

The Cheytac Intervention (.408 caliber, bolt action, accurate up to 2100 meters, 7 round magazine, pretty much tears apart any organic targets it hits)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] Y1p0m2QhVbdlK-yA6tVzEa1kpH4yfpgYCtqqfjWBlAlfuk5BfsW-__yVFxunySgJBYWkxzj0Dj2dMM

The Barrett 98 Bravo (.338 caliber, bolt action, accurate up to 1800 meters, 10 round magazine, not as powerful as the Intervention, but still causes massive wounds)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] 98B-Desktop03-1024x768

The Mossberg 870 (12 gauge shotgun, pump-action, effective to 40 meters, 8 round tube mag, puts nice holes in things)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] 8702

The Benelli M1014 (12 gauge shotgun, semi-automatic, effective to 40 meters, 6 round tube mag, also puts nice holes in things)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] M4S90

The Glock 19 (9mm pistol, semi-automatic, effective to 350 meters, 16 round magazine, causes average gunshot wounds)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] G19-3

The Desert Eagle (.50 Action Express pistol, semi-automatic, effective to 450 meters, 8 round magazine, causes large, heavily-bleeding wounds)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] Desert-eagle

The FN Five-seveN (5.7mm pistol, semi-automatic, effective to 500 meters, 20 round magazine, ignores most body armor, causes internal bleeding)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] 578

The Smith & Wesson 500 [WITH SCOPE] (.50 S&W Magnum caliber revolver, semi-automatic, effective to 650 meters, 5 round revolving chamber, causes large, heavily-bleeding wounds))
Transactional Risks [Open RP] 50006

The FN P90 (5.7mm sub-machinegun, fully automatic, effective to 600 meters, 50 round magazine, ignores most body armor, causes internal bleeding)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] P90

The Heckler & Kocht MP5 (9mm sub-machinegun, fully automatic, effective to 350 meters, 30 round magazine, causes average gunshot wounds)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] Mp5_a3_02

The M79 'Thumper' Grenade Launcher (40mm grenade launcher, effective to 75 meters, one round loaded at a time, causes a significant explosion wherever it hits)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] M79

The M4 Carbine (5.56mm rifle, fully automatic, effective to 1,100 meters, 30 round magazine, causes internal bleeding)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] M4A1a

The FN-SCAR H (.308 rifle, fully automatic, effective to 1,600 meters, 30 round magazine, causes organ damage)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] Scar-0

The AK-47 (7.62x39mm rifle, fully automatic, effective to 700 meters, 30 round magazine, causes large, bleeding wounds)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] AK47

The M249 SAW (5.56mm machine gun, fully automatic, effective to 1,000 meters, 200 round belt mag, causes internal bleeding)
Transactional Risks [Open RP] Sa-M249-PARA

"Your previous payment is adequate for whatever you wish to take." Zhi says, as he crushes his now-expended cigarette underfoot.

((Take as many of these as you would like. All of them, 4 of them, 1 of them, whatever.))

Last edited by Russ Wyzzir on June 27th 2010, 08:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 05:22

((ooc : LOL Im supposed to be an old fart, not wanting to go into modern things too much, but you are being extremely tempting, herr Russ))

Andrew follows the businessman outside cautiously. Once outside, he has a look at each of the weapons, yet his eyes stick to two of them. One, that looks like it still sticks to the older versions of pistols, yet it has a eerie pipe to the left attached to it. The other is a very sturdy looking pistol, which draws his attention immediately. He picks up the Desert Eagle, eyeing it with a somewhat amused expression. Then he looks down at the revolver, picks that up as well, then look at the man standing upright next to him

"If my knowlegde does not fail me, these two are excellent damage makers. But tell me, Mr Zhi. What is the funtion of this pipe along the barrel?" He holds up the revolver, feeling very stupid in a very long time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 08:00

"That, my friend, is a scope. It allows you to view objects normally out of your eye's range, so you can focus on a farther away target."

He opens his jacket to reveal his own hidden weapon; an odd-looking .44 magnum revolver.

"In fact, I carry one on my person at all times." Zhi says, with a hint of satisfaction. "It's useful for when you'd like to put some distance between you and your enemy, but you need to conceal the weapon."

He withdraws another cigarette from his jacket, and closes it. It lights as soon as he puts it in his mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 15:17

Andrew listens attentively until he catches the phrase that it makes you aim better over distances. He chuckles, amused. "I have no need for the scope then." I will take these two then. I presume that I will be able to get some ammunition from you as well?

Unsheathing his two old swords Andrew eyes them with a nostalgic glint in his eyes. " I am going to miss these, you know. Had them for quite some time. " He hands the two thousand year old swords to the businessman reluctantly, waiting for his new ones patiently, along with the ammo, while he conceals the two firearms under his cloak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 21:25

"You won't be able to tell the difference except possibly in direct moonlight. The nature of the blades I'm combining them with will cause them to glow very slightly." Zhi said, inhaling yet more smoke.

"And I have a bit of a... request for you. I'd like you to try this prototype I've been developing."

He removed a rather large suitcase from the trunk of the vehicle, and opened it. Inside, there was a complex-looking mechanism with a small port that said 'INTAKE', and another that said 'OUTPUT'. There was also a keypad and small digital screen.

"This is a... project of mine. It's an ammunition creation device. Simply put scrap metal, or any kind of metal object into the 'INTAKE' port, enter the caliber round you need, and turn it on. It should dispense a generous amount of whatever ammo you selected. For example..."

Zhi picked up a discarded tin can, dropped it into the 'INTAKE' port, and entered '.50 Action Express' into the keypad. He flipped the switch, and after a moment of mechanical noises, it dispensed a handful of .50AE rounds from the 'OUTPUT' port.

"Only one other customer of mine is testing this for me, but I doubt you'll meet him. Either way, every time you use it, it becomes more and more efficient. You can keep it, if you'd like. It will automatically send me all the data I need from whatever you do with it."

He handed Andrew the unscoped S&W .500 revolver, and the Desert Eagle pistol.

"Meet me back here in exactly three days. Your blades will be complete by then."

-----

Zhi had the two sets of blades side-by-side in his workshop. Each weapon was matched to what it would be combined with. He put his hands on one of the pairs, and began to concentrate. Both grew red-hot under his touch, and after several hours of what seemed like nothing... both blades vanished. In their place was a single blade that appeared to be one of Andrew's original swords. However, under the now-present moonlight, they had a dim, blue shimmer to them.

Zhi smiled.

"Now, for the next one."

-----

Zhi returned to the Blue Moon at the appointed time, carrying nothing but a suitcase. He entered, and saw Andrew sitting in a secluded corner of the bar. He strode over, set the suitcase down in front of him, and revealed its contents.

"These blades are truly some of my best work. They are nigh unbreakable, and have all the abilities of the twin blades I showed you earlier." he muttered, as he chomped into a cigar.

"I hope to do business with you again."

And with that, Zhi left, saying not another word. The suitcase remained on the table in front of Andrew, with the blades crossed over each other in a decorative fashion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2010, 13:03

[[ooc: BRAVO my friend! Excellent finish!!!]]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transactional Risks [Open RP]   Transactional Risks [Open RP] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transactional Risks [Open RP]
Page 1 of 1