Full Moon Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Full Moon Rising

Have a new character? Here's a place for practice runs and tweaking! Come on in!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to kill a vampire

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to kill a vampire Empty
PostSubject: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 00:59

So, how does this work on this forum?

Will enough physical damage kill one? Do you need to use the good ol' stake-through-the-heart method? Or do you need to go the Gygax way, and stake it, behead it, and stuff it's mouth with holy wafers?
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

Aquarius Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 20:27

- wooden stake through the heart
- sunlight. young vampires will burn to ashes immediately, but the older ones (two millenia or older) will take a couple of hours before they burn

As far as physical harm goes, you'd have to cut off a limb and force them to bleed out, but even then, if someone they know comes along to help/feed them, they'd be able to slowly get back to health. They'd be greatly weakened for at least 24hrs.

or there's also the really cool "vampire rounds" that can be used in guns. I know it's from the Underworld series, but it makes sense. liquid ultraviolet, made into bullets.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/3110/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 23:45

Ah. This is good.

Gygax's method is thorough, but too time-consuming. :V

But I don't think I'll go with anti-vampire rounds. I have a sword that gives me more than enough features to deal with most of the bloodsuckers.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 14:50

ok cool. what does this sword do? how is it so special to vampires?

OH, and one more thing, it's kinda obvious though, it's the safety precaution that Riley Jenson likes to take if she wants to make sure the vampire is dead, slice off their head lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2010, 01:51

It's not a super-powered god-blade, but it's definitely a slayer's weapon.

From my character's page:

Quote :
Russel's blade is no ordinary sword. Forged in a single day, using the blood of several supernatural creatures, it is truly a thing to be feared by those who hunt humanity. The wielder of this weapon cannot be afflicted by the maladies of vampirism, lycanthropy, and any other 'infectious' supernatural condition, so long as it remains in their immediate possession (i.e. in their hand). It does not dull, rust, or take damage from anything less than an M1 Abrams tank shell. A strike on a supernatural opponent with this weapon will cause the activation of every nerve it comes into contact with, spreading a wave of mind-burning pain. However, should someone manage to break it, it will most likely drive Russel insane, or worse; a portion of his soul was required to forge it. To compensate for a human's slow reactions (compared to those of many unnaturals), it also increases the wielder's reflexes to a point where he or she can match them enough to at least block an opponent's average attacks.

(image for reference)
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 19:17

this is awesome!! lol feel free to use it. just make sure you don't kill anyone with it unless the other role player gives you permission to do so, though.

ps. I replied to the Looking For Trouble thread you started Smile it'll be fun lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 18:36

Oh, I'm all too aware of the character-death rules.

I was a part of a good forum a few years back. Everything was going so smoothly, till one day the admin up and left, and gave control to a moderator.

He killed all the important characters, and basically told us to start over. The forum died within a month of that.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 23:59

oh wow. that's really unfortunate. I would never leave my forum in charge of somebody else, unless I could see that they wanted the forum to evolve and grow. that's just really unfortunate to hear somebody would do that to a forum. it's hard enough as it is to get a forum busy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 00:11

Since we're on the subject, how do you kill a Werewolf? Silver exposure?
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2010, 23:38

lol basically the legendary silver. silver nitrate straight into the bloodstream is best, but the werewolf's individual sensitivity to silver depends on the effects it has. silver will hurt every werewolf, just to a certain extent with each one. silver can also be used just to immobilize a werewolf. like, pure silver shackles or something, holding them down. be creative lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 09:20

Yikes! affraid Im gone for a lil while and you guys sit here figuring out ways ta kill me Wink ~think i must change my name to DIE HARD~ Anyway.... Milady Lara, since my character is only vamperic and not fully vampire, will the whole wooden stake thing apply to me as well ~hopes it doesnt~ I dont wanna be killed easily, yet dont want to god mode either....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 09:21

And NO Russ, i like my head on top of my body, TY Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 10:27

Aragorn wrote:
Yikes! affraid Im gone for a lil while and you guys sit here figuring out ways ta kill me Wink ~think i must change my name to DIE HARD~ Anyway.... Milady Lara, since my character is only vamperic and not fully vampire, will the whole wooden stake thing apply to me as well ~hopes it doesnt~ I dont wanna be killed easily, yet dont want to god mode either....

Just remember, I can react and move as fast as you can if you try to fight me. Your strength is my advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 10:41

Yes...With that lovely sword of yours...as long as you have it my good sir, you have the advantage, yet i am looking forward when we meet, your blade does give you an advantage, but does it give you the abilities of a two millenia aged swordmaster ? Wink You might just find yourself disarmed, and looking at your blade from the recieving end
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 11:00

Considering that it can completely disable you with a mere flesh wound, you may not even want to hold it.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 13:39

lol let the battle begin, already! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 12:27

I think we have awakened the bloodlust in fraulein Lara, Herr Russ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 20:25

Oh, good. I'll just give you both a dose of SHOTGUN MOUTHWASH!

*shotgun cocking noise*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 11:45

*Sighs dramaricly with rolling eyes as i unsheath my swords* humans...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to kill a vampire   How to kill a vampire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to kill a vampire
Page 1 of 1