Full Moon Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Full Moon Rising

Have a new character? Here's a place for practice runs and tweaking! Come on in!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The journey begins...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The journey begins... Empty
PostSubject: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 15:23

The subtle sounds of nature flows all over the peaceful forest on the outskirts of the strings...a slight breeze blowing from the western mountain. A small stream flows gently parting the huge, old trees, chirping merrily as it happily goes along. Andrew drinks deeply from a cupped hand, allowing nature to flush him, like every morning, from the dreadful nightmares that haunt his sleep. Although he seems quite at ease, his senses are on full alert, every sound and movement not going unnoticed. His body is as tight as a arrow in a bow, ready to spring into action in a second.

In the passing decades he has gotten used to sleeping with his armor on, and it does not even discomfort him anymore, he only takes it off to clean and bathe. As he finds a quiet little spot, and starts undressing, a movement to his direct right catches his attention, and he immediately reaches for his bastard swords, next to him on the grass
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

Aquarius Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 17:25

She was merely taking a shortcut through the forest to the next town. However, she was discovering that it would have been more of a shortcut to just go around, with the number of things getting in her way. There had been a couple odd looking creatures that attacked her a few minutes after entering the forest, and at one point, the trees had gotten so thick that she couldn't navigate through. It didn't help that she had never been this far from home before, and she usually took her truck to get places, but the fact that she was a special kind of vampire was the only reason she was still alive.

Luckily, she didn't have to worry about bullets, but it all depended on what type of bullet it was, and what time of day or night it was. Her clothing was now torn in a couple spots, and she had to hold her tank top in place so her chest was still covered. It was much too warm to put on a sweater, but she was almost at a point that she'd rather sweat and be covered, than to have to worry about keeping herself covered every time she moved. Her long, blonde hair was a mess, but she ignored it as she continued treading through the forest.

Soon enough, the faint trickle of a stream melted into her ears, and she quickened her pace, hoping it was would lead her to a lake, where she could go for a swim. Then a figure by the stream came into view, and she quickly jumped behind one of the trees thick enough to completely hide her. Being a vampire, she didn't have to breathe, and she was able to remain still so she could listen to whoever it was over by the stream. She tried sorting through the different sounds so that she could know for sure where the stranger was, and if she was about to be attacked or not. She could tell the stranger was at least part human, mainly because she could hear his heartbeat. The other part of him seemed to be vampire, and if he was lucky enough to be able to see infrared, he wouldn't be able to see her. She remained still, just waiting to see what he would do first.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/3110/index.php?act=idx

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 13:19

Andrew silences himself, carefully drinking in his surroundings, his senses into overdrive, a feat few has mastered. But then again, Andrew had many years to excel in this art. He senses a living being, yet not alive. 'Undead?' he thinks to himself, musing. Shaking his head, knowing that vampires seldomly seek out their own kind, especially during broad daylight.

He looks up at the trees, choosing a rather tall one. Timing his leap expertly, just as the breeze rustle a few leaves playfully, completely masking his movement. Landing on a lowish branch, soft as a feather, he looks down, and frowns. Below him, next to the very same tree he is sitting in, a human looking female is hiding, eyes closed, breath non existant. 'There is no way that a human can manage a holding breath for that long. It must be a vampire' He looks down again, frowning, looking closer. His eyes scan her from what he can see, from the torn tank top to the skin, thats scuffed, bleeding. "Oh no" His groan is almost inaudable, yet loud enough for the vampire's head to snap up.

It is too late though. Andrew, deprived of blood for quite some time, not wanting to kill for nourishment, is already losing control over his more human side. his eyes fixated on the small tears of blood showing on the woman's body, he jumps from the branch, a single sword pointing down, bloodlust in his snarl as he flashes down towards the earth, following his blade hungrily.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 09:08

She didn't even bother to look up at him, as she already knew where he was in the trees. She darted back through the forest, and used the shadows and the sunlight to completely hide herself. Not even Andrew would be able to see her. Only other ghost vampires would see her. Once she knew she was out of sight, she stopped by one of the thicker trees, and yelled back to the stranger, "Get a grip of yourself and stop attacking!" She wanted to throw an attack of her own, just to show how serious she was about not wanting him to attack her. Whether his mind or his body knew it, he would indefinitely die if he drank her blood. After all, her ghost vampire blood would be like a poison to his human half. Still with her body invisible to the world, she walked over to the stream, and washed off the blood. Her wounds were healed now, so it didn't bother her at all to wash off the blood. The water sent a chill through her somehow, so she grabbed her sweater out of her small bag, and wrapped it around her, glad that she didn't have to worry about losing her shirt now. Soon enough, she lowered her shields and became visible to the world again. She kept her eyes on the stranger, all the while listening to his movements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 14:38

Midway through the leap his victim dissapears, and Andrew lets out a hoarse vamperic curse : " What the? " Where his prey has been standing seconds before, his bastard sword plunges into the earth with a sickening squelch. Immediately he draws the other from its holder, twisting around in a tight circle, senses reeling, trying to locate the female. Knowing that she is a vampire, something stirs in his memories, yet he ignores it, simply for the fact that his vampire instincts is still too dormant.

As he hears her voice, his head jolts in the direction from which it came, and her words registers. 'Grip' he muses to himself 'You have no idea of what a nice little grip i can have when my hand closes around your soft neck, wench...and no idea of the strength my jaw will have as I drink your blood..' He frowns. 'Blood...and a disappearing vampire....' He grunts ' Ghost '

Comprehension dawns on his face, and with it, his logic. Cursing at himself, he sheaves both swords faster than he took it out, and walks softly around the opening in the forest, listening. He follows the rustling of leaves and branches, yet moving at such a speed that he seems to be at two places at once, confusing the female's senses into believing that he is moving around and searching, while in reality he is following her

He follows the sounds of the female to back to the stream, and notices the blood she is washing off, joining the stream. Again, his deprived urge bubbles, but he contains it by will power. Then he hears a shuffling, like she is dressing. Silently taking out his black venom blade, made from cursed silver with moon runes engraved on it, from his leg, and instantly moves to her from behind when she lifts her trait. In less than a blink, he gathers her arms behind her back, ensuring that she sees the blade, and waits for her to stop struggling.

" I do apologise for attacking you " he whispers when she notices the blade hovering above her pulse" but you being a vampire yourself you should know what you did was a very dangerous thing indeed. If it wasnt for you being who you are, you would have been dead, and I along with you, because i do not drink blood from the living. " A heavy sigh escapes his lips, one that marks his intense sorrow and pain of two millenia. "Farewell. And be careful. I do not think all vampires will act as kindly as I am" A rustle of leaves, and he was gone.

Back at his campsite Andrew skins the rabbit he killed earlier before he went to sleep, starts a fire and roasts it, while in the meantime getting his gear ready, plotting the appearance of the young girl, his eyes closed as he lays back against a trunk of a fallen tree, his mind busy, his eyes relaxed, but the rest of him on a tight alert.

Last edited by Aragorn on April 15th 2010, 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 17:35

It wasn't very difficult for her to see the sword. She could sense that moon runed blade before she noticed the stranger by the stream in the first place. She couldn't help but hold back laughter when he had his blade against her neck. During the daylight she was a ghost, so if he did make the move to decapitate her with any other type of sword, it would have went clean through her without leaving a mark. With being a ghost, she could decide what touched her. Only during the dark hours was she more like a vampire, and actually killable. It was odd that the black venom blade was the only weapon that could harm her during the day. She grinned once more, "Oh, you don't even want to know what I'd do to you. Your hands cannot and will not affect me." her voice held the North American accent, but the way she spoke, it seemed like she was having trouble speaking, as if the blade had more of an effect on her than she first realised.

She forced herself to remain calm until he walked away. She breathed deeply to help calm herself down. Sometimes the air pressures of breathing was soothing, and she couldn't help but breathe at times, even if she didn't need to. She undressed once nobody and nothing else was around, and took a quick bath. It was unfortunate that the water was shallow and cold, but it at least got rid of the grungy feeling over her pale skin. She put on a different shirt, and put the ripped tank top back into her bag so she could sow it back together later on.

Once she was gathered and ready to continue on, she kept herself invisible to her surroundings in hopes that it would help her move through the forest faster. However, the twigs, leaves, and grass seemed to get louder, and the forest turned into something more of a campground. She casually walked through, keeping her senses high. Then she noticed the moon runed blade again. He was nearby. She couldn't tell exactly where he was. There were too many heartbeats that she could hear for her to pick out which one was his. Not to mention she didn't know him that well. Rebekka stepped lightly and quickly through the campground, not so worried about the humans, but the other vampires and werecreatures that might be nearby. She was very unique, and none of the other nonhumans liked her. She was like a target, of sorts, just because the night time was her only weakness. It was not in her usual routine to go looking for trouble, or to follow it, but today seemed to be the day that her lack of trouble over the years was catching up with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 16:42

Andrew finishes his meal of roasted rabbit, a habit that he has developed, just to make himself feel less like a monster. After destroying every trace of his stay, he gathers his gear and soundlessly continues through the forest, not aiming or goaling, just walking, with no idea where his instincts will carry him next.

After an hour or so he lands upon a camp of humans. Heartbeats all around him. He leaps into one of the nearby trees, and watches the humans for a while, his thoughts trailing here and there, to so long ago. Yet something keeps coming back to him, the face of the female. The ghost vampire. 'Should I have told her about the nightstone?' He frowns at the very idea.

'Since when do I give the enemy hints of my weaponry?' he thinks, irate.' If she knew about the crystal of darkness she would have struggled a lot more, maybe even try steal it.' Reaching down he pulls the blade out, studying it. The shard of the crystal seems to even drown out the sunlight filtering through the branches of the tree he is sitting in. 'Not even a ghost can stop this. The ability to draw in the night at the wielders command is very very lethal indeed' He chuckles 'And very surprising as well, I guess finding yourself vulnerable in the middle of the day should come to one as quite a shock'

Something draws his attention, yet he does not know what. A presence. Relaxing when he singles out the female of earlier, he chuckles again. ' Well now,aint you one with a fang for trouble?' Then he frowns as his senses reel. The ghost vampire is not the only creature around. Now that he concentrates, he can feel malicious intent. But its not only a creature. Its more than one, and some of the malice is human. Experience tells Andrew to remain still and focused, and he is ready. His eyes finds the shimering of sunlight, nothing more than a slight blur. 'Oh no, you silly girl, dont you know that you are visible even with your cloaking ability?!'

His thoughts are not even cold before several shadows bursts in the direction of the ghost vampress, and Andrew hears her gasp of shock just as his feet touches ground beneath the tree, moonblade put away, and both swords out,ready to strike. But he will not attack just yet. It is unlike him to come to the aid of another without an invite. Another thing experience has taught him over the millenia. He sends a telepathic signal out to the now visible vampress, hoping that she knows what he means by touching her mind, and that she is able to block out the screams of the humans to adequately focus on her not so easy battle that lies ahead.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 17:08

[[ ooc: tisk tisk, you're autoplaying. my character would not gasp at the sight of things charging toward her. please do not continue to make my character do things. that's my job. you just worry about your character.]]

Even if she was visible, it would only be to other vampires. Not by heat signature, and not by physical appearance either. She looked more like a transparency during the day, and she was never worried about getting harmed, because she was able to choose what touched her and what not. It was only night time that she couldn't use her cloaking ability. It was still broad daylight, so she was shocked that there were a few creatures about to attack her. She continued walking through, keeping her eyes open, using her peripheral vision as well, and kept walking in the direction away from the man's strange sword, and toward the exit from the forest.

When she felt him touching her mind, she sent a very strong telepathic punch his way. She knew he'd be shocked to find out how powerful it was. It seemed that he was underestimating her greatly. She said nothing to him, and just kept walking, frowning when she suddenly got nauseous, as if some sort of spell or curse was cast on her. That sick feeling in her stomach turned into pain, which she hadn't felt for at least one millenium, and she couldn't help but collapse to the ground, sitting with her legs beside her, and her hands on the ground, holding her up. Her muscles soon began to shake, and the pain became that much more intense.

She couldn't believe she was actually hoping for the stranger's help now. Her cloaking ability had run out of energy, so she was completely visible now. Her long, blonde hair was a mess in the grass, she wore leather flip-flop sandals, boot cut jeans that were too long for her, and a black tank top. Her duffel bag had fallen off her shoulder, and was now beside her, half on her legs, half on the ground. Shadows seemed to crush the area now. Black mist settled in. She then reached out to the stranger with the swords more kindly this time, thinking to him, 'I apologize for that punch, but would you mind helping me? I'll explain later.' her mind voice was a little flat, but there was that hint of helplessness in it. She really did need help. Soon enough, the pain increased, and the shadows became thicker. Shadows turned into dark human-like figures, and they started to surround her. She grabbed onto her bag as her arms gave out, and she curled up with her bag on the ground, just wishing for the pain to go away as tears dripped down her nose and cheeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 14:10

Andrew grunts as a blinding white pain hits his head like a freight train, and falls back against the tree trunk, stars pops in front of his eyes 'What the hell?!' Through the specks in his eyes he sees the girl become visible. 'Oh Great! Now she is out of energy!" Andrew shakes his head drunkily ' Man that was a telepunch and a half. ' Shaking his head he observes the shadows become thicker, watches her strength grow non-existant.

Her plea for help hits him even stronger than the telepunch 'That sounds like....no it cannot be' Shaking his head a final time, Andrew lunges forward, reaching inside his leg pocket, producing a two tiny bottles between each finger, just as he runs into the dark black mist. As always, he directs his thoughts at one single memory. A memory that contains millenia of pain and anguish and suffering, that produces so much anger, hate and self loathing that he loses his humanity, the little bit he has left.

He searches the thick mist, sensing many opponents. But his goal is the girl, she will not hold out for long, no matter how strong she is, she is out of energy, and that is never a good thing for a ghost. Finding the girl's signature, his senses homes in on it, fighting to keep hold of her, reaching out to her with his mind. "Please, i need you to hold your breath, as soon as i find you in this cursed cloud im going to release holy mist, and i will drop a revita-elixar as close to you as i can. I need you to drink it. Just trust me. Please.." As he searches a sudden lurch in the shadow mist draws his attention, and unknowing to him, the channel between him and the girl still open, he curses horribly, defending himself against the wraith.

The wraith attacks him furiously, and it is clear that he has now intervened where he is most certainly not wanted. Normally he would be concentrated on the battle, enjoying it even. Yet his mind keeps cringing as he become reaware of the channel, and the girl's desire to just let the pain stop. In a second something that he has never experienced happens, as if in slow motion, his mind eye parts the mist in a flurry of wind, and he sees the girl on the ground, but its the tears that draws his attention, a single tear dropping to the ground, and he realises that the tear is pure. This makes him lose all control, and he is lost to his instincts, fangs bared and bloodlust flooding him

A second wraith joins the battle, and another first for Andrew is to run from battle. He exits in a magnificant flurry of the two swords, almost losing one of the small bottles in his hand, and tears toward the girl, in the direction his senses guide him, as he feels her almost right next to him, he gulps a single gulp of air, knowing that it could last him a year, and throws the bottle, which shatters on the ground, white mist erupting from it instantly, encircling him.

Andrew ignores the tingling on his skin, the feint burning. He tries to single out the girl from within the two clouds, and throws the second bottle in hopefully the right direction, then he turns upon the persueing wraiths, killing one choking on the white mist close to him with the moonblade, without looking at it. Then battle commences as he runs the cirlce with his swords, protecting the ghost, fighting with everything he have...
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 16:10

'What will it do to me?' she asked, already back to not breathing. He seemed honest enough, but she didn't understand why she would have to drink the elixir because of his mist trick. He had that moonblade, which could actually do her harm during the day time, so she knew this drink would have an effect as well. She wouldn't put it passed him, anyway. She was too vulnerable right now, with the level of pain she was experiencing.

Then, without warning, like the power being cut during a storm, all she could think about was wanting the pain to stop, and the mental link between her and the stranger was no longer there. She couldn't seem to find him. A couple of voices started in her mind, chanting in her mind that she should give into the pain and let it swallow her up. The pain would stop if she just let it envelope her. Everything would be better, and she would never have to worry about being hurt ever again. She wouldn't have to worry about somebody finding her and killing her in the middle of the night when she was at her weakest.

However, she knew that this was a trick. It had to be. Having no worries at all meant not living. She technically wasn't alive even now, but her soul would be at rest, therefore, she'd be able to 'live' peacefully. In her grave. That was the last thing she wanted. She had a family to get back to.

When she saw the bottled elixir roll beside her, she forced herself up, ignoring the voices of the wraiths, and drank the strange drink quickly. Then the wraiths' voices started yelling in her mind, and the pain increased to its limits. She held back a scream, as her body pulsed in agony. Soon enough, her anger started rising, and she let her anger rise freely. Her anger, and the adrenaline that came with it, helped her energy come back, but she put that energy toward her telepathy. She sent the strongest telepunch she could muster to both wraiths that had a grip on her mind, and opened her eyes just in time to watch their reactions. The black mist seemed to be disappearing, but she could see the wraiths just fine. They seemed slightly frightened after experiencing her telepunch, but it also seemed to raise a new objective. Now, they wanted her alive. They knew that she could be of great use in the battle between lycans and vampires. This part of the land was left unharmed by the war, so the wraiths couldn't even imagine what her full capabilities were.

One wraith spoke to Andrew, "Let's make a deal, old one." it said, speaking in a surprisingly smooth, trusting voice, even though any wraith was not to be trusted, except by other wraiths. The other spoke to Rebekka, "You must come with us. We can offer you a great life." this only made her even more angry, because she loved the life she had with her family a couple towns over from here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 15:56

Andrew does not answer the girl when she asks him what the elixar will do to her, concentrating on the three wraiths jumping at him from the shadows, trying to overwhelm him. His years of fighting experience is the only thing keeping the evil creatures from victory, and apart from that the intense pain of his self invoked memory drives him to not fail. His drivepower for every battle.

A telepunch passes close to him, and he braces himself, thinking that he would also be a target of the ghost vampire's wrath. The slight irritation he feels from her makes him smile. 'Good, she drank it' The fact that she still had emotions told Andrew this. Wraiths tend to use this weakness against all creatures that does not live for bloodshed and evil. They drain you of any emotion, making you to believe that you have no worries, no problems, no hassles.

The elixer has a dual purpose : It restores energy, and it protects against mind attacks. Yet it has to be taken at least an hour before being effective. It was a gamble to hope it would work this soon. Then he realises that the wraiths has stopped attacking. They have also stopped with the nightmare mist. Andrew retreats, closer to the girl, whom he can now feel properly. A wraith speaks to her, and an intense reaction of anger comes from her.

Then his attention is drawn back to another wraith, from the looks of him he seems to be an elite, the battlescars on his armour faded, except for one. Andrew smiles at the mark, knowing that the wound will be stinging for quite some time, and the knowledge that he put it there made for some form of satisfaction. "Lets make a deal, old one" The voice is smooth. Trying to create trust. Andrew recognises the use of magical layers in his voice and points his sword directly at the wraith's throat, pointedly wiggling it inbetween the armour.

"You ask me to deal yet try to mindforce me? Quite a way to make a deal would'nt you say? Speak, wraith, I am listening. But be warned, I do not barter with a live which is not mine. So if you intend to barter for what I think you are, do not waste my time or your blood." As he says this Andrew steps back toward the girl, subtely asking her if she is okay via telepathy, and assuring her that he will not allow these creatures to take her against her will.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 16:39

An odd grin crept across the wraiths' features, then both of them put their hoods up to completely shadow their faces. "You are aware that wraiths do not have to worry about blood, are you not? Ghost vampires are the good kind of wraith, and very easily turned over. We offer you immunity from all wraiths if you let this stranger come with us." he said, still in that smooth voice. He withdrew a long, thick blade that looked like some sort of immortal spell. This blade would equal the moon blade that Andrew possessed, if not slightly stronger in mere weight and strength.

"Oh," Rebekka slowly stood up, nothing but anger filling her as she brushed off the dirt and straightened out her clothing. "I'm just dandy." she said, looking over at Andrew, then back at the elite wraith. A swirl of energy surrounded her for just a moment, then all senses of anger seemed to be swallowed into her body so that nobody would be able to tell what she was feeling. Her steps toward the elite wraith were skillfully measured, and even though she had no obvious weapon, the wraith stepped back from her. They had put that pain spell on her for a good reason.

She suddenly became non-existent in the visual sense. Normal vision of any creature, nor infrared or radar would detect her. If the wraith managed to do so much as touch her flesh (while she was visible or not) with a bare hand, she would instantly shrivel up and become one of them. It was especially easy for a wraith to change her when her anger was flared to its limits, like it currently was. All she had to do to get rid of the elite wraith was make a complicated telepathic attack. The second wraith would follow the elite in retreat, but Andrew would have to keep it away from her. He would have to keep the second wraith from getting anywhere near her.

Now that she had all of her energy back, on top of the adrenaline from all the anger she was feeling, she stopped just a few feet away from the wraith, and stared into his eyes. Being such a similar creature to wraiths, she was able to see passed all the shadows. Next thing you know, some sort of telepathic pulse came from her, aimed at the elite wraith. This pulse would basically make the wraith go braindead, therefore keeping it from knowing anything other than running away from the bad people. Moments later, the wraiths were gone, along with that strange nightmare mist. The area was now back to how it was before the wraiths even thought about attacking.

Now with the threat gone, Rebekka's anger slowly lowered. It kept lowering until she collapsed to her knees from how much energy she had just used up with that single attack. She wasn't out of breath. Her muscles just felt a lot better when she was sitting on the ground. Inches away from her, was the immortal blade of the wraith. Once anybody went any closer to pick it up, it would instantly turn to dust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 09:13

Andrew listens to the wraith with an amused smirk on his face. 'Does he really think I would fall for his trick? That the shadows they cast can corrupt me?' He snorts, a rather uncharacteristic thing for Andrew to do. Then his attention is caught by the girl's movement, and he watches her move toward the wraith slowly, energy blazing around her body, making Andrew's senses reel.

'Wow' His thoughts gets stuck like that when the immense anger and energy just seems to dissapear just as abrubtly as it appeared. Now shock fills Andrew, as she starts dissapearing before his very eyes. He can still sense her, yet not see her. Even the wraith seems to be intimidated, and Andrew sees both of them stepping back hesitantly. A strong urge of keeping the second wraith away from the girl fills Andrew, and he can only explain it as his trusted instinct. He moves toward the smaller of the two, slowly, and as stealthily as possible.

A surge of telepath energy shot out at the elite, so powerful and strong that even Andrew cringed slightly for a second. The elite fell backward from the blow, instantly disorientated. Andrew, expecting the second wraith to attack, now that the girl has given away her position, lunged forward in order to protect her. Instead the wraith just touched the elite and they were gone.

Blinking and feeling very confused, Andrew watches the last of the black mist swirl away like it would in a gale wind. Turning slightly, he sees the girl sink to her knees. 'That must have taken quite alot of energy....' Sheathing his swords, Andrew contemplates her for a second, then walks closer, stopping in front of her, looking down. Holding out his hand to help her up, he introduces himself. " The name is Andrew. Quite some advanced techniques you have mastered there, milady "
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 14:37

She took in a deep breath, looking up at him. She smiled when he introduced himself. It would be rude to say she already knew his name. She accepted his hand and stood up, brushing off the dirt from her jeans, then nodded to him. "Nice to meet you, Andrew. I'm Rebekka. You can come up with a nickname for me, though, if you want. I'm not very fond of my name." she looked around the area, glad that no humans were drawn to the area. Once again, it was quiet, and the black mist was gone as if it weren't even there in the first place. Then she got complimented on her skill. "Thanks." she said hesitantly. It wasn't exactly something that she was proud of, but that technique was very useful when she needed it.

[[ooc: sorry. in a bit of a rush. next one will be better.]]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 14:11

Helping her up to her feet, Andrew smiles, musing on her comment of not liking her name. " You will find that I tend to stick to formalities, milady, hence I will not often refer to you by name." Andrew sighs, sheaving his swords, taking out another potion from underneath his cloak. " Here. Another of my elixers. You might need it someday." He turns on the heel after bowing and briskly walks away.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 01:37

Before he got out of earshot, she had to ask, "How do you make these to work so well?" Rebekka stepped into pace with him within a couple of seconds, and looked at him curiously. Yes, she had stuff she needed to do in town, but it wasn't like it would be the end of the world if she didn't get them right away. Her husband might be worried about her if she took much longer, but that was nothing a text (to let him know what was going on) couldn't do. She looked over at Andrew, wanting to talk more about him than herself. She wasn't usually the one talking on and on about the things she could do. There was once upon a time that she was like that. Of course, that was the attitude that got her into trouble. A lot. People liked seeing proof, but this proof usually involved killing something or someone. Nonetheless, she followed Andrew, watching his reaction curiously, "Is there a certain mixture of elements, or was it by luck that you figured out something really neat?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 15:08

Andrew walks away, softly whistling a very old tune he has remembered, but never could remember the origin of it. As the young woman falls into step with him he sighs ' This one has a nose for trouble, it seems ' Upon her question he simply smirks and replies : " It s a very old family recipe. It was taught to me by one of my trainers, back when..." he stops still in his tracks, just as his words, then looks at Rebecca with a fierce light in his blue eyes, pain pouring from his voice as he finishes his sentence "...from back when i was turned." Her curiousity was burning him, something that he has never experienced before. He touches his neck for a second. "It took me a few years to perfect. " He slowly starts walking again, silent now, the breeze making his mantle seemingly drift around him as if in a dream.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 20:38

She found it odd that he had to stop and think about it. It was not often that she met people who had such a terrifying experience being turned. Rebekka was tempted to ask, but it probably wasn't the best idea right this minute. "That's cool that you had somebody teach you that stuff. I had to figure everything out by myself." she said, slowing her pace so that she still walked beside him. "Do you know other types of elixars, or... what did you call them again? Elixers? Do you know potions too? Herbal remedies, that sorta thing?" she couldn't help but be so curious. She'd never met anybody that knew this stuff before. She wanted to learn more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 15:54

Unwillingly Andrew smiles. " elixars. It is basicly a potion, or as you call it herbal remedies. " The only difference is that it is ancient, hence i refer to it as elixar. " He walks slightly faster. " My training was never completed, what i gave you is the only one i was taught. The rest i know was of my own design and research " Andrew senses her worry about someone close to her, and her curiousity, and stops, looking at her. " I will be in the area for a while, I want to find out about those wraiths. Go. set your mind at ease. You will find me if you really want to, your kind is extremely adept at that.
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 01:24

"Thank you, but my mind doesn't need much to set at ease." she listened to him, sensing that he wanted her to leave. "Well, I'm just going into town for a couple hours, then I'll be making my way back this way. I wouldn't be surprised if the wraiths show up again with a different approach." she shrugged her shoulders, not really wanting to say that she was actually related to those wraiths. Her ancestors didn't like her much, but that didn't mean she was going to kill them for good. She could get rid of them if she really wanted to, but that would only put bad luck on her current family. That could end pretty badly. She didn't say much after mentioning the wraiths might return. Rebekka took a breath in to say something, but then she changed her mind last second, and instead told him, "Maybe I'll see you again soon, as well. Good day." she smiled to him, waved her hand in farewell, and made her way toward town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 17:55

The knight of old watched the girl walk casualy toward town, as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Shaking his head slightly, he makes his way deeper into the forest, opening himself completely, his senses searching for any signs of the earlier attackers. Every time he senses humans close to him, he adapts his route in order to avoid them.

Later in the day he sets up camp close to a stream he found, this time checking that no one can sneak up to him. He listens to the sound of town not to far away for a little while, then starts to take off his gear, wanting to wash, a sudden lurch close to him alerts him. Swearing silently he readies himself for an attack, his thoughts running ' Why in the hell can no one leave me in peace! Always just as i want to bath! Never fails! '

Sensing nothing, Andrew relaxes slightly. As he lowers his swords, a very cold, invisible hand closes around his throat, and in the shimmer of the wraiths shadow Andrew feels another moonblade point at his heart, carefully wedged in between his armour plates. He looks into the cold eyes, where darkness swirls. " Bravo. Now what do you want this time? "
Back to top Go down
Tannin
Admin
Tannin

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 18:55

Never before in her life had she ever felt so sick. That disgusting feeling kept coming back. No matter how many screams came from the town. All she was in town for, was feeding. This place was perfect for trapping her victims. Of course though, she had to move quickly in order to stay hidden. The sunset was drawing nearer, so her vulnerability would rise. It was odd, that a vampire would be stronger during the day. It was more like, her defenses were stronger during the day. Her attacks were stronger at night. This was apparently a very favourable trait to somebody that was building an army of nonhumans. There had been a few people, slayers, nonhumans mostly, that had tried capturing her, and failed every time. Now, whoever wanted her so badly, they were finally figuring out her weaknesses. Definitely not good.

After a couple of hours in town, she started making her way back through the forest, though this time, she kept mostly to the open parts of the forest, so she could actually see her surroundings. Her senses were on high alert, and her steps would have been stealth were it not for all the fallen twigs and leaves. She'd change her pace regularily, just in case anybody was following her. Soon enough, she started feeling very weak, and at a lack of energy. She concentrated on a mental wall that would bounce any psychic attacks against her, and stopped walking. Rebekka could tell the wraiths were back. She drank the elixir that Andrew had given her, and watched and listened to her surroundings, seeing what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins...   The journey begins... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The journey begins...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Moon Rising :: Role Playing Forums :: Graveyard-
Jump to: